Friday, August 28, 2009

They're done!






Got the two afghans done for my granddaughter's friends. The pictures are above. The smaller one is about 32 x 20 plus ruffle and the other is about 53 x 25 plus ruffle. I decided to go with ruffles on both. Hope the kids like them.

Now I'm dividing my time between several crochet projects and computer learning. Indiana Sheltie Rescue is having a picnic in Sept. to celebrate 10 years of rescuing shelties. I'm making a prototype dog mat to see what everyone thinks. This mat will be made of yarn scraps to I might eventually use enough yarn to justify buying more! During digging out the yarn for the mat, I found a couple of UFO's (unfinished objects) and will get them ready for the picnic too. I'm going to have some of my crochet stuff there to sell. ISR receives 20% of most of my sales and 100% of things made from scraps and donated yarns.

Then there's this computer thing. ISR is now using Twitter as their 'official' communication tool. Well, I have a blog, FaceBook, PhotoBucket, multiple email addresses, etc. So now I'm learning yet another system - Twitter - and also learning a system I got to manage it all! At my age, who'd have thought I'd be knee deep in technology! I think I need a laptop to keep up with it all from my rocking chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment