Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I'm still working on 'the' tablecloth but it's slowed down recently. This most recent picture shows it about two weeks ago. It was at about round 42 and I'm up to about round 51. It's grown to over 38" in diameter.

I'd been intending to get back to this for a while but life has a way of interfering. Since the last time I posted, we've added a new family member and we're all in the process of settling in together. We are now fostering a Sheltie for Indiana Sheltie Rescue. He's getting accustomed to us and we to him - the canine equivalent of seeing how everyone squeezes the tube of toothpaste. Now we're waiting to see if we will pass or fail the course 'Fostering a Sheltie 101.' One of the biggest challenges we face is continually finding new foster homes for the dogs because the foster families fall in love with the dogs and adopt them. Eventually, even the biggest family reaches a limit and there's no room for a new foster dog.

It's been a cool, wet summer in Indiana but we've not had any major storm damage here from all the rain, wind and lightning. The Indiana State Fair is going on and it's always fun to go look at all the exhibits, animals, activities - and PLEASE don't forget the food!!!

I recently had a fellow Etsian tell me that my work was under-priced. That got me to thinking about how to explain to you about the time involved in something like a tablecloth. I'm trying to come up with some figures but it's a slow progress. I'll try to have it organized into something semi-coherent in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, hug a Sheltie!

No comments:

Post a Comment