Saturday, October 2, 2010

I see it's been a month since I was here last.  Times flies when you're having fun - or are just busy!  I continue to wonder how a retired couple can stay so busy.  I've finished up several crochet projects and am still working on getting them ready for Etsy.  (How I hate taking pictures!) 

Another project that has kept me busy is I found a shop in Lebanon where I now have things on consignment.  If you're in the neighborhood, check out Apron Strings.  It's on the east side of the square in Lebanon (Indiana).  I took several capes/stoles/shawls in in the middle of Sept.  The two women who run the shop each bought a stole and kept another one for the shop (which sold the first weekend there).  After talking over what they want, I made a scarf and stole and took them to the shop last week.  They also accepted some of the new things whose pictures I'd been agonizing over. I feel like I dodged a bullet by not having to list them on Etsy. Hopefully this will turn into another outlet for my crochet.

I finally got started on another project that's been patiently waiting for me.  I found a couple of T-shirts on sale and thought how cute they would look with ruffled skirts.  I'd been mulling over the project for a while and figuring out how I wanted to do it.  This weekend I started the actual crocheting.  The shirt will have 3 tiers and each will be a different color.  It's going slowly as I am having to figure out each step.  I'm also taking notes along the way so I can re-create it with another shirt later on.  Then there's the fact that I screwed it up and had to frog (rip it, rip it) it and start over when I was half done - bummer!  The first shirt is white and I'm using red, white and blue yarn.  I debated about the patriotic colors but tonight when I talked to Aleutia she was telling me about her new flag pin with an  American flag so I think I'm going to look real good when this is over ;0 ) 

If I get enough done, I'll add a picture of the dress/T-shirt so you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment